Saturday, November 8, 2008

Crazy Day!

Okay, I had a really crazy day the other day, and looking back now it is kind of funny, but at the time it was crazy! I thought I would share:) It was a typical Thursday evening about 7 o'clock, Shawn was at his night class in Salt Lake (doesn't get home usually until about 10pm), and I was home with the boys and I was just about to start getting Ryker ready for bed when all of the sudden, I can hear water running, usually a calming sound, but this time it caused a little anxiety (we live on a 2nd floor condo, people live above us and below us) I run to the hall bathroom, and water is pouring out of the bathroom light fixture and fan. Right then, my initial thought is
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! Literally, I was thinking AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! I then get buckets and towels and anything I can find to stop the water from doing any damage, bundle up my boys and haul them upstairs, and knock on the door. I was greeted by the single lady that lives above us, she was very frantic, and told me how her water faucet blew off when she was going to take a shower and she couldn't get the water to stop. I went to her bathroom to look and water was shooting out very forcefully like a fire hose. I had no clue how to turn the water off so I haul my boys from door to door looking for someone to help. One of our neighbors was home and came to help. He went to turn the water off by her water heater, and the handle broke off as when he went to turn it. I then had the exact same thought pop into my head as earlier.... AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! The lady started trying to call the maintenance people for help, and I haul my boys back down to our apartment only to find that the water was now coming out of my hall lights and laudry room, and I could hear it running down the inside of the walls. I turned off the lights as to not get electrocuted, and tried to stop the water with the last towels we had, all while both of my boys were screaming. About an hour later, the police came, and my neighbor picked the lock and shut off the water to the whole building.....finally. When Shawn came home I think he was a little surprised at what he saw:)Needless to say,they had to rip up some of our carpet, and are going to have to replace our ceiling and walls:)I am just glad that we are renting, a lot of people own these things. Anyways that is my story, I hope you enjoyed:) MORAL OF THE STORY: life is an adventure, enjoy the journey!

9 comments:

Us Bailey's said...

I am sorry! That is quite the adventure!!! We had something quite similar happen except the people upstairs weren't home! I hope everything gets cleaned up and fixed in good time!

*LaUrA* said...

Hooray!! Sorry about your crazy day...but Hooray for me finding you on blogger...I noticed you have our other roomies on your blog roll...but I didn't see my name!!...I am sure that will change in the near future:)

Your little fam is sooo cute! Handsome boys you got there and you look beautiful as ever!

I didn't realize this until we moved...but I was in your brother's ward in Chubbuck for almost a year! I realized cute little Jaxon is your nephew...he is a doll! (I was in primary for a while) I don't think I ever really even talked to your brother and sis-in-law...so I don't know if they would even remember us...but thinking back now I should have realized sooner because of the last name "Williams" and you definitely share a resemblance.

Anyways!! Come say hi to me!

'T' said...

Megan what an adventure. You are an excellent writer... I had it all pictured in my head. I'm glad they finally got things shut down! Miss ya and bless your heart! xo

Kinley said...

As I was rading that I was thinking Oh no this can't be good, then it moved to AAAHHHHH and then I read your AAAHHH and I laughed! I can't even imagine! i feel bad for the lady upstairs! I hope nothing is permanently damaged! And I am sorry that you are going to have to live in construction! That is horrible!

The FOUR M's... said...

Oh my heavens, Megan! That is so crazy! I am very happy that you are just renting. Thanks for sharing -- I'm glad you can see the humor in it! :o)

*LaUrA* said...

1stly...I just scrolled down and looked at a picture of you and you cannot be my weight loss friend and let me tell you why....YOU HAVE NO WEIGHT TO LOSE! ...silly girl.

2nd...we are in Mississippi and if I found out we indeed lived close I would cry with joy because I need a friend down here! We have been here for just about 5 months now...we are here for our job and we love ...I think I love it a lot knowing we won't be here forever but it is fun while it lasts kind of thing...I am guessing you are in Utah...which is not close at all:( (tears streaming down my face)

3rdly...now I have lost track

I have been meaning to do a post about Ol' Miss and how we are liking it and what we are really doing...so stay tuned!

Oh Martha! Oh Christmas! Oh I miss you!!

Bradbury Bunch said...

Yikes! This is definitely a story you look back on and smile at, not in the moment! Ohmygoodness, I can only imagine all this!! Did you find out how to shut the water off? Because I don't have anyone to run to if this happens to us!!! YIKES!! I need to start checking out some books at the library about this stuff!!!

And that is exciting you get new carpet eh! How cool!!

I'm so happy you're in blog world! I love it!!! XOXOXO

*LaUrA* said...

Someone told me one of your old roommates won a game show...was it me!? I hope it was me!

But for real...who was it and what show?

Jeff and Aubry said...

Oh, Megan!! What a story!! We hope things will be cleaned up quickly - thanks for sharing. It's fun to read about what's going on with you guys! Tell the boys hello and give them a big kiss for us! Except for Shawn...that might be weird...