Monday, April 27, 2009

Honest Ryker

Ryker is at an age where he says the funniest things, he is constantly cracking us up with the things that come out of his mouth. He is also very, very honest. I just wanted to write a few things he has said lately. I keep telling myself to write them down so here I go...

The other day, Ryker woke up from a nap, and was still a little tired. He came and laid on my lap for a few minutes while he was trying to wake up a little better. I was looking down at him and telling him what a good and special boy he was, and he was looking up at me with a very thoughtful look on his face (tender moment). A few moments of silence then Ryker, still looking up at me says..." Mom you have a booger up your nose." Okay, so apparently I was the only one having a tender moment:)

Another instance of my honest little Ryker... I had just got done putting my hair in a pony tail. Ryker comes in and says... "Mom, I like your hair......It looks like a squirrel" I don't really know what he meant by that, probably that my ponytail looked like a squirrels tail. Anyways, I still laugh about that.

Another time... It was this fall that we were visiting my parents. Ryker walks up to my dad who is sitting on the couch and says.."Grandpa, you have a big belly." I was very embarrased and proceeded to take Ryker to another room. I gave him a little talk about how we don't tell people that they have big bellies because it could hurt their feelings, and it isn't polite. We go back into the living room, and Ryker walks straight up to my dad again and says..."Grandpa you don't have a big belly" While he is rubbing my dad's belly. We all started laughing:)

Another time we were visiting my family again, and my grandma was at my parent's house. She has alzheimer's, and is not very responsive. She doesn't talk at all anymore and her lip quivers a bit. Ryker told me one day.. "mom you know that grandma that goes like this" He starts quivering his lip. I said "yes" He then said.." she has the most beautiful eyes." I felt as though he could literally feel her amazing spirit. I think children know so much more than we think.

I love my little Ryker. I love the age he is, and the things he comes up with. I love his honesty, how he makes us laugh, and I am trying everyday to do as Christ said and become more like him.

14 comments:

Jeff and Aubry said...

If that doesn't just make you laugh and cry, I don't know what does! He is adorable! I love it when kids are genuinely honest...most of the time, I guess. :) Claire's not there yet, but the kids in primary have had me laughing pretty hard at their all too honest questions and answers! How fun!

Nat said...

thanks for making my whole entire day, ryk!! thanks for writing them down mef!

'T' said...

Megan! I laughed, I cried... I read it to Darrec... thanks Ryker for being such a little sweetheart! Did you pick the boogar Megan? :)

Katie M. said...

Ryker we sure love you. We can't believe you will be 4 this week. You are such a good cute little boy!

Linds said...

That's one of my favorite things! Someone needs to write a book about ALL kids quotes! Maybe I WILL!
I cant wait for Skye to start talking! Speach Therapy is kickin in!

Shelby said...

Megs, That was so funny and so tender. They grow up so fast you have to take it all in all the time. It is so great and so are you. I can't wait to see you guys on Friday. Love ya

Heston Williams said...

How cute! Kids are amazing aren't they. Our Heavenly Father sends them to us to make us better people. Sometimes I think Areyan is smarter than I am.

crystal carlson said...

What a cutie! He sounds like such a fun little boy! Both of your kids are just so cute!

Jana said...

He is such a precious boy! Thanks for sharing his honesty with us. It was funny and tender and so Ryker.

Taylor Family said...

I love the honesty of children. They are so precious!

Bradbury Bunch said...

Oh, how I could read these all day! What an adorable guy with such a fun personality! Encore! Encore! with more of these stories, they always make me smile!! And he's going to love reading these someday too! XOXO

Olson Family said...

That is so funny. I wish I could remember what my kids say. I always think I need to write that down and I never do.

Us Bailey's said...

Out of the mouth of babe's! Those stories are hilarious! Keep them coming! I want to hear more of them!

ReRush said...

Hey family -

I've tracked you all down and have started to follow your blogs. (You were talking about them at the LAST family reunion and the next one is coming up...)

I've kept a personal website for over 2 years and a blog for 18 months. I know I'm not married like all you folks so I don't have cute pics of kids to put up but I do try to write about things that are more appealing to everyone. (Perhaps I should write about my own family more often)

Anyway, hope to see you guys soon.

---
Devin Williams
http://rerush.com

P.S. can someone get me Derek and Tinnel's e-mail? I would love to follow them too.