Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 4th weekend, and temple open house:

We had such a fun weekend this past week. We went to Idaho for the 4th, and had a blast. We were sad it went by so fast, and wish we could have stayed longer! Our kids got to play with cousins running through sprinklers and just playing. We had a hot dog roast, watched amazing fireworks from my sister's front yard, stayed up late playing card games, etc....

Looks like there is room for one more in the pool, too funny!

Ryker drawing with cousin Skye

The 4th of July with grandma and grandpa ( they look so AMAZING!) I love the red white and blue outfits.

We also tried to celebrate Canada day on the 1st (Shawn's home and native land:) I made Canada flag cookies, but don't look to closely, I was in such a hurry to get them to the seminary before Shawn came home (it's the thought that counts anyways....right?) We also had spaghetti for dinner, the only red and white meal I could think of.

This week we were also able to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. It was so beautiful. Ryker absolutely loved it. When we walked out the doors the first thing Ryker said was, "Can we go in again" it was so cute! We are so blessed to be surrounded by temples, literally.


9 comments:

Jeff and Aubry said...

Oh, I am so glad you had fun in Firth but am so so so sad we didn't get to see you guys. It was pretty crazy but we'll for sure have to work something out for September. I love the picture of you and Shawn and Bridger in front of the temple. You are so beautiful, Megan! And you have a good looking group of boys, too! We miss you guys so much and hope you know we love you!!

'T' said...

Megs so fun to see you last week. Thanks for stopping by to see our basement. xo

Linds said...

I miss you too much already. And those temple pictures...ALL OF THEM!...are beautiful! I hope Ryker remembers it!

Us Bailey's said...

It sounds like you had such a good time! I love the 4th! I think that the picture in the pool was hillarious!- how long did that last? Glad you had fun and a nice time at the temple.

The FOUR M's... said...

Yay! I was beginning to wonder if you guys had disappeared! (I guess I could call instead of just checking blogs -- how sad am I!!)

Your family is adorable, and I can't believe how much Ryker looks like his cousin! Crazy! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

crystal carlson said...

That's so fun you were able to visit family for the Fourth! Looks like you guys had a great time! The picture of the kids in the pool was hilarious! I loved your Canada Day cookies--they were so cute! I'll have to remember that idea for next year--we have a lot of family from Canada :)

Nicole Williams said...

Looks like lots of fun!

Lynn said...

IS Shawn any relation to Dan and Diana Atwood? Or Logan and Davilyn? Or Lorne and Annette??

They are my mom's cousins. So therefore my cousins. Just wondering if Shawn is a cousin too.

crapo@shaw.ca

Shelby said...

Megs is was the best to see you guys. I sure miss you more than you know already and those sweet boys. Thanks for making the trip! Give big loves to everyone for us here.