Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Weekend

Bridger is learning to crawl. He just started taking steps with his hands. He doesn't go very far yet, and he still sometimes face-plants, but I know it wont be long before he is emptying all my cupboards and drawers. I am really enjoying this little guy. He is still such a cuddler and I LOVE IT!

This weekend we said goodbye to a very faithful old friend named Gwenners (our gray car). It was a sad day, we have had that car since we were married, and we have been through a lot together. We took it to a pick a part place in Orem. Our favorite thing about that car was the 94' cool mix tape that was stuck in the stereo. Everytime we started the car, we had the pleasure of listening to Ace of Base and Boys II Men, and yes we would often turn up the volume and base and roll down the windows and rock out:) We will miss you great old friend.

We also went to temple square and visited the sites there. Ryker loves the "I am a Child of God" section of the CHurch History Museum. We had a fun day.

When we got back from temple square, ryker ran through the sprinkler with some neighbor buddies. They were also having squirt gun fights.He loves playing with these two boys. One the boys comes from a spanish speaking home, and whenever he sees Ryker he always yells "HOLA RYKER" I think it is so cute.

9 comments:

'T' said...

I will miss your gray car, it is like part of the family! You little Bridger is sure a cutie, he looks so happy to be crawling!

Jeff and Aubry said...

Oh, I can honestly say I feel your woes! How crazy that we both said so long to our dear cars so close to each other. We will miss the gray car!

That Bridger is so cute! I love this age and we just wish he could play with Claire again soon - I still think those pictures of them together are awesome.

And every time I see pictures of Ryker, I can't believe how big he is! And so handsome. Jeff was just telling me the other day that Ryker was the most handsome toddler he knows. :) I thought it was cute he said that. Anyway, we miss you all!

Bradbury Bunch said...

I had a moment of silence for Gwenners............................
....................................
................ there's another one! :) Your family is so cute and your blog is so much fun to read! I"m glad you all made special memories this weekend.

Linds said...

I wish and slightly hope that you could make it out for Skye's LUAU this summer for his birthday!
Lots of water fun!

Jeff and Aubry said...

I was just looking at your pictures again and thought it was hilarious that Shawn is asleep on the couch in that first picture of Bridger! Or maybe just blinking?? I don't know why, but it was just funny to me! We really need to get together.

Nat said...

Oh my goodness...Bridger is SO photogenic! I love him! I can't believe he is starting to crawl.

Us Bailey's said...

What a fun weekend! Don't you love going to temple square! I'm sorry about your car -- are you going to get another one? Good luck! -- oh, and I want to run through the sprinklers too!

crystal carlson said...

I loved the pictures of Bridger crawling! He is such an adorable baby and looks like a really happy boy! I still can't get over how grown up Ryker is and such a cutie too!

Taylor Family said...

So where's the pic of the new car?