Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy 30th!

Well, it is Shawn's birthday today, and I thought I would give him a little tribute. Shawn is the best husband ever, he seriously needs to get the best husband award. He is so kind and thoughtful and gives me butterflies still after 7 and 1/2 years of marriage! For instance, when he comes home from work or class, one of the first things he does is go to the sink, fill a glass full of water, and bring it to me. Now some of you may think hmm... that's a little odd. But he does it because when I am pregnant/nursing, I struggle with kidney stones and really need to keep myself hydrated to prevent them. So this little act of kindness is very very sweet to me, and even a little romanitc:) Honestly, he does little things like that all the time, I could go on for a long time with little things like this, such a sweetie!!!


Shawn is such a good dad too. Our boys love their dad soooo much. Even though he isn't home much right now with work/class/homework/meetings. When he is home, he makes the most of his time with the kids. Just this past weekend, I walked into the living room to find this........
A fort made out of blakets, pillows, the kitchen table, and probably other things. When I peeked inside, the boys were reading books with flashlights. Probably a memory they will cherish for a long time.


Honestly, I am such a lucky person to have Shawn in my life. He is such a hardworking, funny, knowledgeable, talented, very handsome, lovable person. I hope he has an amazing birthday, no one deserves it more!

12 comments:

The FOUR M's... said...

Happy Birthday Shawn! We think you are pretty awesome too!

Jeff and Aubry said...

We are lucky to have Shawn in our lives, too! That was such a nice tribute, Megan. He is a great man and example to us all and we hope he had a great great birthday!! You guys are just the greatest couple ever and we love you both so much! Miss you lots!

*LaUrA* said...

Happy Birthday Shawn!! You are right...you are a lucky girl! and vice versa...perfect for each other! The water thing is really sweet...kinda makes me melt.

Lynn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAWN! 30 is still Soooo Young.....but after reading this post, you are an old soul. What a cool daddy and husband you are. Great Tribute Megan!

Nat said...

Happy Birthday to my brother-in-law Shawn! I sure love you and the awesome husband you are to my sister! Way to keep her drinking the fluids! ANd that is one nice fort! Hope you have a great day!

'T' said...

Happy Birthday to a great BIL.

Bradbury Bunch said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAWN!! What a fun way to celebrate!!!

Shelby said...

Happy Birthday Shawn, We love and miss you too pieces!!

Us Bailey's said...

Happy Birthday!

Nicole Williams said...

Happy Birthday Shawn! What a good dad and husband!

Taylor Family said...

You are perfect for each other. That was a sweet tribute and the same can be said of you!

Linds said...

GET.OUT. That is adorable. (love the first pic....heehee)