Saturday, January 9, 2010

Made with Love....

Last week was my birthday, and when Ryker woke up that morning, I told him it was my birthday. He asked me who was going to make me a cake, and I told him that dad probably would when he got home from work. Ryker then asked, "mom could I make you a cake?" I told him sure, and our conversation then went a little like this....

Ryker: "What kind of a cake do you want?"
Me: "maybe chocolate."
Ryker: "No, you need a special birthday cake." How about a Princess cake.
Me: that sounds like fun!"

Later that day, I took Ryker to the store, and we bought a cake mix that came with a few princess decorations. He was so excited, it was so cute. When we got home, he insisted that he make the cake himself and that I couldn't help because it was my birthday. So I let him go at it. He cracked the eggs, he sprayed the pan with cooking spray (almost using the whole bottle), he frosted and decorated it. All by himself. And the end result...








It may have had a few egg shells in it,

and it may have had just a touch too much oil,

but it was the best birthday cake I have EVER had.

Because it was made with love by someone wanting to make my birthday extra special

12 comments:

Lynn said...

Awwwww........that is the most BEAUTIFUL heart felt made cake in the world!!!

Someone is raising someone right! ; D

Melissa said...

That is so sweet and he did a great job. Sariah wanted to make a princess cake for JJ's birthday!

*LaUrA* said...

that is sooo sweet! I know he made your day!

'T' said...

Megan I am a puddle of mush! What a sweet little boy. I hope your birthday was a great one. Love you.

Jeff and Aubry said...

LOVE IT!! He is such a sweet little boy! Claire is going to be one lucky girl - either Bridger or Ryker will suit her well! :)

The FOUR M's... said...

I'm a little choked up! That is the sweetest thing ever!! Love it!

Nat said...

I think that is the most wonderful birthday cake in the history of birthday cakes! That is one of the sweetest things I have ever seen, Meg. That cake with all it's princess decorations looks scrumptious too. Ryker takes after his father. So thoughtful in every way.

Kinley said...

what a sweet little boy! It is a beautiful cake!

Taylor Family said...

Happy belated birthday! That is so sweet he wanted to do it by himself. YOu are so great to let him. That is the same princess cake Kami wanted for her birthday.

Nicole Williams said...

What a sweet little boy! I bet it was the best cake ever. He did an Awesome job frosting it!

Bradbury Bunch said...

Oh how adorable!! What a lucky Mommy you are to have such a caring son making sure you have the best Birthday. And to even get a "princess" cake homemade by him--what could be better!! So cute!!

Anjanette said...

That is the custest cake ever! I would have had a hard time stepping back and letting him do it himself, but it turned out pretty good.