Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Amazing Grandma...

My Grandma Owens passed away over Christmas break, and we were able to attend her funeral in Preston, Id. She has suffered from Alzheimer's the past few years and hasn't been able to talk at all. I am sad that she has left this life, and will miss her greatly. I am also happy for her to be free of the disease she had, and to be able to be reunited with her eternal companion after 7 1/2 years. I am sure my grandpa had the best Christmas present ever in heaven being able to be with her again! I love this amazing woman, who raised an amazing family including 11 children. Some words that I would use to describe her are: Faith, Strength, great cook!!!, Amazing quilter, gardener, Christlike, and courage.

This was her funeral announcement I love the picture and the caption, it tells you exactly what my grandma's life was centered around, Christ. She is one amazing lady.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh I am so sorry about your Christmas news.

We too had somewhat the same thing happen over Christmas. Dean's mom passed away unexpectedly on Christmas Day. I just posted about it on my blog.

I find it interesting that Dean's mom had 15 children and your grandma had 11. It's pretty rare to find women with such large families like that everyday. I think your grandma and my mother in law are rare and precious jewels. They certainly will be missed.

Hope you have a wonderful and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Taylor Family said...

I'm so sorry about your loss. She sounded like an amazing person. Isn't it great that we have the gospel and know that we'll be able to see our loved ones again?!

The FOUR M's... said...

Megan, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma -- I can relate as I lost my Grandma to Leukemia last Christmas. So sad. She sounds like an amazing lady -- how cool that our Grandmas can be our heroes. Hope you had a great Christmas! Love you guys! (P.S. How are you feeling with your pregnancy? Hope all is well -- I'll call you soon!)

Nicole Williams said...

I am sorry about your grandma. She sounds like a very neat lady.