Thursday, January 15, 2009

I survived:)

Okay, I just had to post what happened to me today, it was crazy and hectic but now it is kind of funny. I went to take Bridger to his routine Dr's appointment and as I was getting the kids out of the car, I was contemplating whether or not to bring Bridger in with his car seat or without...... have something to set him in but struggle carrying the whole thing up the stairs and into the huge building, or just carry him and have to hold him while trying to write etc... I decided to just carry him, no car seat. (I know I'm rambling) Anyways, I get up to the Dr's office, the nurse calls us back, and I look down and he has blown out of his diaper... all over! The worst baby blow out I have ever seen! seriously, not only was it up his back, but it was also down both legs, and because I decided to carry him without the car seat, it was also all over my shirt!!!!!!! I then realized that I had forgotten to pack an extra outfit (Oh crap!....literally) as I was trying to clean up the mess (using every last wipe I had) Ryker started doing his potty dance and saying "I'm going to have an accident, I am going to have an accident!!!!". Any of you that have 3 year old know that when they start doing a dance, it is time to hurry to the potty or there will be a mess to clean up. I pick up naked bridger, run out into the hall, and ask the nurse where the bathrooms are. She then informs me that they are in the waiting room........oh no! I had to walk through the room full of waiting people. I must have looked like a crazy mom, naked baby in one arm, poop down the other side of my shirt, and a dancing 3 year old screaming that he is about to wet his pants. By the time I saw the Dr, I was a little flustered to say the least. What can I say, my kids keep me on my toes! (note to self......use the carseat:)

15 comments:

Stef Kelly said...

Oh the joys of motherhood. I have definitely had those days where I feel like a bad parent...even though we are just doing our best. I know that you are an amazing mom. Reading your blog made me laugh...not at you, but because I can totally relate. Thanks for the smile.

Stef Kelly

Shelby said...

Oh Megs,

You are the greatest mom in the world and those boys poop and all are the luckiest to have you. You have had a rough couple of weeks. Hang in there cutie, and love on all your boys for me, we miss them, and you!!

crystal carlson said...

Wow! What a day! I'm sorry, but hopefully everything turned out okay--including the clothes :) I hope you have some less eventful days too, so you can relax a little!

Taylor Family said...

I'm glad I'm not the only mom who leaves the doctor's office thankful that I didn't recognize one person and would probably never see them again!

Katie M. said...

I was just getting excited and really embracing baby #4. Now I am nervous all over again. I have had those days. It is a good thing you can laugh about it when all is said and done!

Talia said...

You poor girl! I've had my share of embarassing "bad mom" days. But what do you do?! And now that we have three we're definitely outnumbered. Your boys are both so adorable. I can't believe how long it's been since we saw you guys and left Rexburg! Looks like everything's going well for (minus the crazy Dr. appts)!!

'T' said...

is it ok that i'm laughing meggie? every mom watching was thinking 'wow, i've had those days!' love you tons and miss you and your boys ( including shawn :) )

Nat said...

mef,
I recently had a doctor's office/ baby blow out with no extra outfit. Luckily I had a husband to help out. As I was reading it, I was laughing too and Porter was asking what I was laughing at and so I had to read it to him too. He laughed so hard. Love you so much and those two cute boys!

*LaUrA* said...

Oh Megan!!! I might have started crying...or just made Carter pee in the garbage can in the little room you were in:)

I am glad you made it and can smile about it...and tell all the rest of us so we know we aren't alone in this crazy INSANE journey!!!:)

Bradbury Bunch said...

Megs you've done it again!! Made my day with this story!! :) I can picture it all with the way you told it! You really are super mom for surviving--and you'll be happy you recorded it! :)

Lexi got sick while we were in Utah, and it wasn't poop, it was throw up that just kept coming out all over her carseat, her pj's which I just threw away. And I didn't know what to do, where to start, thankgoodness my mom was with me!

Us mom's should write our very own book!!! I hope your next appt is a bit better!!! And if not, I look forward to reading about it!!! :)

Ashtyn said...

Megan,
Me and Ashtyn thought that was a pretty funny story, but you know you should have just left Ryker at our house missy! Then he could have used my bathroom and you wouldn't have had to run back out with a naked baby. See how it all works out when you let me pay you back favors!? Love ya, Trace

Jana said...

Megan, thanks for the good laugh -- not at you, but just 'cause every mom out there can relate and remember!! You are such a cute mom and those boys (including the big one not mentioned in the story) are so blessed to have you! Hang in there and hold your head high!

Jeff and Aubry said...

Megan, that is stinkin hilarious!! It's funny now, but I've had those blow-out moments where between the gags and dry heaving, I want to cry. Claire blows out on a regular basis...until this last week. She went 5 days with no poop! I didn't know whether to give thanks or wonder if something was wrong. :) Needless to say, I finally realized that cutting a onesie off was much much easier than trying to pull a poo-stained shirt over her head. Jeff says it's like toilet paper - it's worth just throwing it away and buying more. We sure miss you guys. Give Bridger and Ryker a kiss for us!

Us Bailey's said...

Oh, I am so sorry! It's really fun to hear about though! My most embarassing blow out was during enrichment meeting (mike had class and I am the enrichment leader so Joel came) and someone else was holding him while he had a blowout and it got all over her. I was so embarassed! Thanks for the laugh!

Giles Fam said...

Ok, I literally laughed out loud on this post! You crack me up :)